Steve Amstrup has left a comment below his January 20, 2014 “starving polar bears’ article at The Conversation, which I discussed in my last post.
Featured quote #49In the Southern Beaufort Sea, “Winter is the most difficult time for polar bears, and we believe that mortality among bears during summer is minimal.” Amstrup et al. (2001:223). See Quote archive for details.
- New polar bear exhibit at Winnipeg zoo will help make it “self-sustaining”
- Current ice conditions don’t bode well for Beaufort Sea polar bears
- Polar bears move around as sea ice habitat changes – this is what resilience looks like
- Tracking polar bears in the Beaufort Sea: March map
- Amstrup grasps at straws to defend his polar-bears-are-doomed computer model
- Oil money provided the foundation of polar bear research, now its “greenwash”
- Southern Beaufort polar bear ‘decline’ & reduced cub survival touted in 2008 was invalid, PBSG now admits
- Polar bear status changes in 2013 deconstructed, with a map to the good news
- New genetic study confirms polar bears survived several warm Interglacials
- Davis Strait polar bear habitat higher now than in 1979 and early 1980s
- 185,837 views since July 26, 2012